Around the time my mom and I were planning for the wedding in August last year, one of her friends had passed away and as she helped clean out her apartment she gave me a few things she thought I would be able to use once I was married. One of those things was an ironing board. It was in good condition but the cover looked a little tired. For the longest time I've been meaning to recover it but didn't want to blindly attempt it. So a couple of days ago I came across this
tutorial and decided it looked easy enough and jumped in. While Justin was out playing with the boys on Saturday, I ran out and bought some cute fabric and started away on my project. I loved how it turned out, and it was so easy to do! I even added a few of my own touches with the stripes (I didn't like on hers how the pattern didn't match up where the two pieces matched up). So if you have a free afternoon and your ironing board is looking a little tired give it a try, its easy!
Materials:
1 Yard of Fabric
Thread
String & Cover from old ironing board
 |
| BEFORE |
 |
| AFTER |
 |
| Close up of the fabrics I used |
No comments:
Post a Comment