March 15, 2013

Famous Last Words

On Thursday Justin asked me "Hey Stace, do you want to cut my hair before I shower?" I agreed since my first attempt needed fixing and it was long enough I could do an all over trim. I felt pretty confident that I could do a better job this time since I know what to do now. Everything was going really well until we got to the top of his head. When I changed the comb on clippers I grabbed the "7" because he likes it a little longer on the top to style it. I was told to start at the bang area and work back towards the crown. So I did. And my first thought was "this is kinda short I didn't think his hair was THAT long.." And then it hit me, this is  SOO not right!
Me: a little "oh no, what have I done" laugh escaped my mouth
Justin: He took the clippers from me and asked "is this supposed to be a seven?"
Me: "Yes."
Justin: "Stace....this is an "L". Like for Left ear."
Me: "I didn't know there was such a think as an 'L' in our box. I thought it was a seven!!"
Justin: Feels his head and just chuckles to himself. "Can you get me a mirror?"
Me: "Sure." trying not to laugh as hard as I can all the way to the bathroom. I lost it. I had totally just butchered my poor husband! All I could do was laugh; otherwise I would cry hysterically.
Justin: Just looks at himself and laughs. "Well you better just even it out with the size three so it doesn't look so horrendous. And we are going to go and buy me a nice hat today."
Me: Trying not to cry, so I just laugh "I'm the worst wife ever!! You can pretty much buy anything you want today and I won't even blink twice or ask any questions I feel so bad!"


So moral of this story, the second haircut is WAY worse then the first. I'm just glad he wasn't angry with me and was able to laugh it off so I didn't feel any worse then I all ready did. I cleaned up all the hair while he was in the shower and put all extra combs and pieces of our clipper kit in a zip-lock bag so only the "6-8" combs were left out to prevent any other future mishaps. As he got out of the shower he said "Well the good thing is I don't have to use very much shampoo now. And my head is going to be a lot cooler now." Way to try and make me feel better, but it didn't work. I still feel so awful! I'm never going to be able to live this one down. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment