October 04, 2011

"AVON Calling"

So after a long and almost sad process I got a job last week! It has been so good to get up every day and feel like I have a purpose in living. It was starting to remain positive about finding a job, and even harder to think it could be in Rexburg. So I finally started to apply to every job I thought I could even remotely do a good job at. One of the jobs was a position at AVON. I pretty much only applied so I could maybe one day say "AVON calling" like they do in the movie Edward Scissor Hands. hahaha lame I know, but I think it is so funny. But the funny thing about it is that they actually called me! So I went in for an interview on a Monday. She said I had impressed her and that she would like me to come back for a second interview later on. She called Thursday and we made the appointment for the next day. After that interview she said she would call me soon and let me know what she had decided between her final 3 choices. Thinking I was out of the running because there is no telling when Justin and I will be leaving I didn't hold my breath to hard about getting the position. I got a phone call on Saturday letting me know she was going to go with someone else because I had "bigger and better" things going to happen in my life then at a little AVON store. I shook it off quickly, it wasn't the first time in the last 6 months I'd been let down. But then something surprising happened on Sunday. She called and offered me the position! She said they couldn't stop thinking about me and what I could bring to the table for their store for as long or as little time I would be around. I was quite amazed to be honest, but I accepted the job and started working the very next day on Monday, September 26.

 

  It has been such a fun experience so far and there hasn't been a dull or boring minute. I never "watch" the clock and I'm always learning new things. There are a few perks to the job which in my mind make it worthwhile for driving 35 minutes to get to work. I'm excited to see where this can take me and everything I can learn.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Im excited for you! Seems like a job that could be pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete