May 01, 2012

Seattle, Washington (April 22nd)

The day after the ASME competition, Justin and I went to Seattle to do some sight seeing before heading to California. We had picked out a few things to go and see that day so that we could be on the road again on Monday. The first place we stopped at was the Aquarium. We got to Seattle during the "hottest" part of the day, so we headed there first to wait out the heat. In all honesty it wasn't hot at all, I really just wanted to see the animals first. It was a pretty good aqaurium in my opinion. They had a few animals that I had never seen in person before, so that was cool. My favorites were the Octopus, Sea Horses, and the Otters.
This guy was so active. He was pretty much awesome!

I had never seen Sea Horses before

After we got done at the Aquarium we walked up the street to Pike's Place Farmer's Market. It was such a fun and crazy place. The atmosphere was so cool, I didn't want to leave. They had all sorts of things for sale. Anything you could ever want was sold there. I was completely in love with the flower stands they had. If the flowers would have survived the car ride, I would have bought some.
Street entrance

One of the many flower stands

Our last stop for the day was of course, at the Space Nettle. We had decided that we had spent enough money for the day so we actually didn't go on the ride to top. So we stopped and walked around and just took some pictures. It was a beautiful day in Seattle, and we lucked out with clear skies for some fun pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment