November 07, 2010

Skip-bo kind of week

So I have been trying to think of what I wanted to post this week, and now it is Sunday and I still haven't posted for this week. I can not fail my goal of one posting a week! I'm doing so good so far. So I'll tell you a little of what we did...

So this week has been quite the adventure. We have had some major problems with boys at the apartments and so trying to be the mediator and make things and people play nice together has been a challenge. But I think we got things settled enough, & have had enough people brought into it should be sorted out pretty much by now with school offices.

This is me. obviously. I was trying to relax after a rough day of dealing with boys and asked for a pillow...I got like 5 and Justin thought it was funny so he took a picture

Justin is still doing the school thing, which is good but tiresome for both of us at times. But everyone has got to put their time into it at one time or another.

We got a church calling. We are the ward menu makers!! (read: ward directory since it really isn't a menu for us married's now) So that has been fun collecting info from various places and getting photos to go along with everyone's info. I must say we are quite the team!

And we played massive amounts of Skip-bo with Erin, Dustin, and Kris while Erin visited this weekend.

And lastly, our Saturday was a busy one! We went to Todd & Brynn's wedding. It was so nice to just go and enjoy and not be doing it this time. Then we headed over to Frontier Pies for their brunch/luncheon thing.

 The sun was just in the right spot that we had a hard time taking a good picture of us while we waited for them to make their grand entrance out of the temple..(I must say ours was better!)

We had run out early from lunch to head over to a church building (where we didn't know where it was) right after that to go to a self reliance fair we signed up for through our stake. We were able to choose three classes to go to that were each about 50 minutes long. We chose to go to Budgeting Basics & Food Sotrage 101 together and then I went to Nutrition during times of need, and Justin went to Planning for Retirement. They were all pretty classes and had info that I never heard before, but a lot of it was repeat for me. It was good we went though, the classes we chose were all ones we want to work on together to plan our life and apply to ourselves.

So yah...that was basically our week in a nutshell. But we are doing good and can't ask for more! Thanks for reading! Hopefully next week will be a more exciting post!

No comments:

Post a Comment